Monday, August 24, 2009

Reflections on 41

Working backward...

"The Ego Tunnel" - written by a German in English, this treatise is forcing me to ask a lot of questions, all of them in english and each one is breaking down further my own notion of "self" as has been perceived until now

"Don't Be"... George, Joe, Robin and I set out to make a short film in 48 hours... we did it thanks to our amazing cast and crew

Road trip to Indiana to get Robin... accompanied by Kieran, I drove to Indiana and back in three days. There was great conversation, witness to O'Bama's reinvestment in America via all the road construction and rainbows... oh and a very brief coffee with Matthew whom I hope I will see again... and I cannot leave out, hospitality from Kate and Lydia that was above and beyond the call

A weekend traveling back roads and byways of VT with a friend I will always love was priceless

Visits with Katie and Melissa and Wil... now that they are only an hour away, we have lunch more routinely

Trip to the quarries with Will and Kieran and Duncan.... thanks to Wil's encouragment and my perseverance we found our old quarry and dug for gems

Camp, July 2004 - A time to recconect with the family amidst the new rainy amazonian season that northern NY and New England have been forced to embrace. The Name Game at Camp Frances was a highlight

Grace and her family visited before their reunion at Bates. I got to meet the children of my best friend in high school

June, the new rainy month, made me start to wonder about climate change in a way I am still concerned about

A Memorial Day where I undid a chair and discovered a new, old friend

Track meets that Kieran ran in had me traveling hither and yon across the state

Another May where I missed seeing Ead blow out her candles made me wish that transatlantic flight was free

I might have the timing wrong... but Duncan's first musical performance in "Once on This Island" ran for three days... awesome show

April 19th... The World Premeire of "I Was Jesus and Dracula" at the St. Lawrence made me so proud and grateful to be working with George and Annie on films

March was a quiet month when I learned yet again the meaning of meeting someone I had not known well from the past with chance to learn from the experience

February... work ate my life... it was good... I love my new boss

January was cold and dark... I struggled with how to fill the evenings alone... I shoveled my driveway a lot... I missed the idea of the family gathered around the woodstove

December 29th, 2008... Divorce final... FIN... whew

Christmas, 2008 in Whippleville. Dad cut a tree in Mt.View. We decorated it. Movies with Mom and Dad and Kieran and Duncan and present wrapping and Christmas music brought the magic of the season back for me... finding the "bad touch santa" stocking made me laugh and cry

Early December... we wrapped shooting IWJAD on George's birthday... the day before snow flew

November and I still had not met Rhiannon on her first birthday... sad

November and we were shooting IWJAD almost every other weekend... fun... great cast and crew

October... spent some time talking to a shaman

September was the month George and Annie got married... I got a great new sister-in-law, got to see Robin again, met Matthew finally (awesome), met George's crew.... watched my kids mingle with people they talk about all the time now

August 31, 2008 turned 41

It's been a year... a huge, full, happy, sad year that I would not trade for anything. I am so grateful to have lived what I did









No comments: